A lot has happened.
Here are the 10 most noteworthy:
1) After 6 years of dating, it finally happened.
MIKE AND I GOT ENGAGED!!!!!!!
(and almost our entire immediate family was there)
2) Some of our best friends threw us a little party in celebration
3) I whisked Mike and his family away for a surprise 27th birthday celebration near the Laurel Highlands, PA
4) Colette dug & dug & dug at the park until she smelled so foul that Mike & I had the car windows rolled down on the freeway and were still gagging from the stench
6) There was a great, big snow in April….
7) A 4 hour stand-off occurred directly across the street from us from 12am-4am. The SWAT team was there with their huge tank, and there were policemen 15 feet from our living room windows, on our tree lawn with RIFLES pointing at the house across the street.
Yeah, that one kept us up all night… eating rice cakes as we stared out our window watching our own personal version of Jerry Springer, live….
8) Mike & I killed it at Scrabble, opening the game with a 78 point word, and a 98 point word, respectively.
Gotta love those extra points for using all 7 letters!
9) We found a stray kitty on our street & took her in!
we I keep taking in stray animals at this rate, we’ll have to open our own shelter!
We were just walking down our street after a nice lunch at the Tremont Taphouse when this little kitty meowed at us & sprinted directly into my arms. I’m definitely more of a dog person, but I felt instant love. We’re going to give her a try & see if she can get along with our pups. We’ve decided to call her “June” after one of our favorite singers, June Carter Cash. June is the most un-cat-like cat I’ve ever known. She’ll let you twist her into any position you want and she just purrs and purrs. She’s estimated to be between 7 months- 12 months old, and was carrying kittens. The poor little thing had miscarriage a couple of days ago :o(. Spay and neuter your pets, people!
10) Mike & I took an incredible trip to Asheville, NC!
We’d never been before, but we had a feeling we’d love it after having lived in Denver for a couple of years.
And we were right! It’s a beautiful place– the mountains are stunning, the city is bursting with art, microbreweries, & local flavor. It felt like home. In fact, we even visited and booked our WEDDING VENUE while we there!
As far as I can recall, these are some of the most influential things that have happened in my life in the last few months.
In the coming weeks, I plan to share some more pictures and details from our engagement, our trip to Asheville, and some long over-due home improvement photos!